Tuesday 18 October 2016

RED Folders!!

Take Home Reading Folder
Dear Parents,

Please continue to read at home with your child. I hope everyone has had a chance to log onto Raz- Kids. The RED folder that your child brought home is the French take home reading program and has little readers that they have practiced reading in class. I know I have friends who are eager to move levels in English and French, and I look forward to seeing this happen!
 
As I meet with them during guided reading, I will determine whether they are ready to move up a level. Please keep in mind that building confidence is very important and re-reading a story is just as important as reading it the first time. Please remember to ask questions about the story: characters, location, what happened, why did it happen?
 
In the RED folder, I have included a French sound page for reference and a comprehension page for you. Please sign the parent page after you have read it and date it. Please return it every Friday and they will come home with a new book that day. As it becomes more of a habit, they will be able to choose more than one at a time.

 Also continue to work on the Words of the week as building vocabulary is also an important skill. The words are taken from what we are doing in class.
 
Thank you for your support,
 
Mlle Wilson :)

No comments:

Post a Comment